The Statthaus offers furnished apartments/vacation rentals in the heart of Cologne, just a stone's throw away from the Cologne Cathedral.
The Statthaus, which was built in 1860 and used to be a monastery, is a charming and unique place to stay, and the prices are unbeatable.
Pros of the Statthaus
- Great price
- Historic building with unique charm, outside and inside
- Spacious and tastefully decorated apartments
- Located on a quiet street, walking distance to the Cologne Cathedral and main train station
- Taxi stop directly in front of the house
Cons of the Statthaus
Good to Know
- Address: Steinfelder Gasse 33, 50670 Köln
- Phone: +49 221 660 0846
- Visit the Website
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Apartments: 8 apartments in various sizes available, short and long term rental
- Prices: For one night (two persons), prices start at 55 Euro; the longer you stay, the cheaper it gets
- All apartments are equipped with telephone, WiFi, TV, door intercom system, and mailbox; microwave, toaster, VCR available for a small fee
- Coin operated washing machine and dryer in the basement
Review of the Statthaus Cologe
The Statthaus in Cologne offers 8 self-catering apartments in a great location: Situated on a quiet residential street, it is only a 5 minute walk to the grand Cathedral of Cologne and the main train station.
Built in 1860, this historic landmark was once part of a monastery.
The house was restored a couple of years ago, and thankfully, the architects carefully preserved its original details and history; look for the small bullet holes from World War II, which were left in the facade.
Another interesting dimension: The slim building is only 13 feet wide.
Inside the Statthaus, you'll find architectural elements from the 19th century, like a grand wooden stairwell, high stucco ceilings, and gothic window frames carved out of stone.
The rooms are furnished with an interesting mix of old and new; modern artwork and stainless steel sinks go side by side with antique Biedermeier pieces.
All apartments are bright and airy and have their own bathroom and kitchen. The penthouse on the top level is impressive: It has two levels and a balcony that offers sweeping views of the Cologne Cathedral.
Very good value, top location, more personal than a hotel - the Statthaus is a great choice, and if you decide to stay longer, you can have your own mailbox and even put your name on the doorbell.