The Best of Germany
By Birge Amondson, About.com Guide
Best Sights and Attractions
Here are our top picks of sights and attractions in Germany that no traveler should miss.
- The Best 10 German Cities
- The Best 10 Sights and Attractions
- The Best Underrated German Cities
- The Best German Castles
- The Best German Gardens and Parks
- The Best German Breweries
- The Best Things to Do in Bavaria
- The Best 10 Sights in Munich
- The Best 10 Sights in Frankfurt
- The Best 10 Sights in Hamburg
- The Best 10 Sights in Dresden
Best Free Things to Do
Traveling on a budget in Germany? Don't worry, you won't miss out on anything; here are the best free things to do on your vacation, including many famous landmarks, sights, and attractions in Germany.
There's no better way to get to know a country than by taking parts in its festivals. Here are the highlights on the German festival calendar:
Best Scenic Drives
Germany offers many beautiful scenic drives. Our top picks lead you through great scenery and you'll find impressive sights and monuments along the way.
Best Bars and Clubs
If you are a night owl, Germany is the perfect place for you. Many German clubs and bars don't close until dawn, and having a great night out doesn't break the bank either.
Best Things to Do With Kids
Traveling with kids to Germany? You will find plenty of family-friendly attracions that your Kinder will love; here are some of the highlights for kids and the young at heart in Germany:
- Picture Gallery: Fun Things to Do With Kids in Germany
- German Fairy Tale Road
- Cologne with Kids
- Berlin with Kids
- Munich with Kids
- Frankfurt with Kids
- Hamburg with Kids
- Best Toys Made in Germany
- Fun Hotels For Kids
- Colorful Carnival Celebrations
Shop 'til you drop in Germany: Here are the best shopping streets in Germany; just remember that shops close around 6 or 7 p.m. and are usually not open on Sundays. Happy hunting!
- Best Shopping Streets in Germany
- Best German Christmas Markets
- Where to Shop in Berlin
- Best Designer Outlet Stores
- Best German Souvenirs and Presents