The beer tents at Oktoberfest fill up quickly, and it is a good idea to reserve a table if you want a seat, a beer, and a great Oktoberfest experience. Here's when and how to reserve a table in an Oktoberfest beer tent, step-by-step.
Time Required: one hour to place reservation
- Pick your favorite Oktoberfest beer tent that you would like to visit. Here is an overview of some of the Best Oktoberfest Beer Tents, including contact information.
- In order to make reservations, contact "your" tent directly. Visit the website of your beer tent and find out how early they accept reservations (some beer tents accept reservations as early as November or December!).
- Check out the details of the reservations procedure on the tent's website. Many beer tents require a minimum of 10 people for one table. The reservation will be free-of-charge, but you have to purchase food and drink coupons (usually for chicken and beer) in advance; these prepaid coupons are between 20 and 80 Euro per person, depending on the beer tent and time of day. Again, the website of your Oktoberfest tent will have all the information you need.
- Make your reservation as early as possible (ideally between January - March); Oktoberfest beer tents tend to get booked out fast! The website of your beer tent will tell you how to reserve - either by email, phone, fax, or letter. You have to include how many people will attend and the day and time of your visit.
- Wait - the beer tent will contact you about your reservation (it can take a few weeks to a few months until you hear from them). The beer tent will either confirm or decline your reservation. If they decline, some tents will offer you an alternative time or day or will put you on a waiting list.
- Your beer tent will either send you your prepaid food and beer vouchers or will let you know when and where to pick them up.
- At Oktoberfest, make sure to be on time, otherwise the beer tent might let your reservation go.
- Relax and enjoy your Oktoberfest!
- It is easier to get a reservation earlier in the day (afternoon except evening) or during the week; weekends are notoriously very crowded and it is difficult to get a reservation in a beer tent.
- For a reservation, beer tents require a minimum of 10 people - but of course you can also go in smaller groups as long as you reserve for 10 people. Just be prepared that your waitress might ask you to allow other people to sit at your table as well.
- No reservation? Don't worry - here are tips on how you can still get into the beer tents at Oktoberfest.