This weekend, Frankfurt celebrates the Museum-Ufer-Fest (Museum Embankment Festival), a big art festival on the southern banks of the river Main, which runs through the city center and is lined by some of best museums in Germany. There will be open-air theater stages, exhibitions, concerts, and stands selling international crafts, food and drinks.
The website has the complete program (in English and German) and all information you need for a great weekend.
- Address: Schaumainkai, 60594 Frankfurt
- Phone: 069-2123 014
- Cost: free
- Opening hours: Friday, August 24 3:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.; Saturday, August 25, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.; Sunday, August 26, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Festivals and Events in August
- The 10 Best Things to Do in Frankfurt
- Frankfurt International Airport Information
(Photo by Martin Ruegner/Getty Images)