1. Travel

Getting Around: Bus Travel in Germany

By April 26, 2009

Traveling on a bus is a great way to get around in Germany; buses are cheap, comfortable, environmentally friendly and a good option besides train travel or driving in Germany.

I recommend the German bus company Berlin Linien Bus; it has a very extensive network with 350 destinations all over Germany and Europe and offers great deals for city hoppers.

Right now, the company has a special online sale: You can get tickets to Dresden and Hamburg for only 9 Euros, while fares to other European cities, e.g. Copenhagen or Vienna, start at 22 Euros. Check the Berlin Linien Website here.

Transportation in Germany
Comments
November 2, 2009 at 9:19 pm
(1) Betsey Mayer says:

Wish to find out if there is a bus or train service from Allgau Airport in Memmingen to Munich International Airport. How can I find the schedule?

November 3, 2009 at 12:06 am
(2) gogermany says:

Looks like there is only a direct bus from Memmingen Airport to Munich city center:

I will ket you know if I find out more!

July 29, 2010 at 5:15 am
(3) Yagub Rahim says:

I am looking for cheaper travel from Memmingen to Frankfurt main for two people. Is there any option that you would recommend below 80 EUR?

April 18, 2011 at 10:54 am
(4) Elizabeth says:

Is there a bus from Garmisch to Iffezheim?

February 14, 2013 at 11:09 am
(5) M.David selvamani says:

I would Like to travel from dortmund airport to Krefeld bus station cheapest It is two way ticket or if dusseldorf is cheap that is also okay let me know the cheapest please

March 17, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(6) Elizabeth Sutton says:

I will be living in Erlangen, Germany for 3 months this summer. I will take the train (or bus) several days a week to Markt Bibart and then will bike to my ancestral homeland villages in the area of Sugenheim and Oberscheinfeld. I am doing family history research. Are bikes allowed on the trains and buses? Where can I find a schedule of routes and fares ? Do they offer passes or discount prices for traveling the same route on a regular basis? Would bus travel be cheaper than taking the train?

May 4, 2013 at 12:06 pm
(7) irina says:

is there a bus from bremen to dusseldorf international airport? and if yes, what is the price for students?